WNBA Brasil
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle?

+4
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
Henrique
LarissinhA
OldGirl
8 participantes

Página 1 de 2 1, 2  Seguinte

Ir para baixo

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? Empty Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle?

Mensagem  OldGirl Qui Set 25, 2008 2:31 pm

Storm Blog(Jayda Evans): Lauren Jackson returning?
The Storm may need an entire new starting frontline for the 2009 season. Two-time MVP Lauren Jackson is an unrestricted free agent this offseason, and there is a possibility she will not re-sign with the team. She joins veteran Yolanda Griffith and little-used rookie Kristen O'Neill as the only unrestricted free agents on the roster.

Storm vet Janell Burse (shoulder, foot) is questionable to return to the WNBA at all, according to talks earlier this season, currently preparing to play in Russia.

Jackson did buy property in Seattle this year and has said Phoenix would "probably" be the only other WNBA city she'd play for. But the Storm can't core the 6 foot 5 Australian because it used that designation on G Sue Bird and Burse last year. Burse's designation dissolved when the Storm suspended her upon not returning in April. Bird's sticks for the upcoming season and under the new collective-bargaining agreement, only one player can be "cored" by a team.

The Aussie, Seattle's leading scorer (20.2) and rebounder (7.0), said recently that having surgery allowed her to spend some needed time at home to reflect about her career. But the draining year-round play may have her thinking about taking some time off during the summer. Jackson still plans to leave next week for play in Russia with Bird. And as for playing in the 2012 Games in London, Jackson said so much has happened that she can't think that far ahead.

She did not have her "final" session with Seattle media today. I'll have more information if she still talks on Thursday. Jackson, who was drafted by Seattle No. 1 overall in 2001, could make a verbal commitment to the team to return, but free agency doesn't open until Dec. 15.

When asked if her close friend would be back, Bird only said, "hope so, I hope so," with a soft smile.
OldGirl
OldGirl

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 2257

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? Empty Re: Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle?

Mensagem  OldGirl Qui Set 25, 2008 2:35 pm

Yahoo Sports:Jackson biggest of many Storm questions
Jackson’s post-Olympics surgery on her ankle last month effectively doomed the Storm, leaving them without the low-post scorer and rebounder who has often dominated the league. She watched helplessly Tuesday, nervously pacing the bench area in a black sweater.

Bird said she expects her roommate and teammate in Russia during the European season will be with her when their team begins play there Oct. 16, after Jackson goes home to Australia for two weeks.

But will Jackson, a two-time WNBA MVP, be back in Seattle in 2009?

“I hope so,” Bird said, smiling.
OldGirl
OldGirl

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? Empty Re: Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle?

Mensagem  LarissinhA Qui Set 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Neeeem brinca com isso vei!
A Lauren fica e pronto!
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 1486

Mensagem  LarissinhA Qui Set 25, 2008 10:25 pm

Notícia fresquinha: a Loira tá pensanu...

Thursday, September 25, 2008
Jackson Hasn't Thought About Free Agency
Hello from The Furtado Center, where the Storm is completing exit interviews today with Lauren Jackson and Yolanda Griffith meeting with Head Coach Brian Agler and CEO Karen Bryant.

Earlier, we had our first chance to speak to Jackson about her future. Because point guard Sue Bird is playing out the second year of a deal signed as a core player and teams are now limited to one core designation per season, Jackson cannot be cored and will be an unrestricted free agent for the first time in her WNBA career. (Previously, Jackson signed the three-year deal just completed as a restricted free agent.) Also a factor is whether Jackson decides at some point to take a WNBA season off to rest and let her body get healthier. Those decisions are coming, but Jackson wants time to ponder them.

"To be honest, I haven't even thought about it," she told reporters. "There's a lot of things that will factor into my decision-making, but I haven't even really thought about it. I'm just trying to get fixed and healed and get ready to get back on the court again."

We'll have more on Jackson's status as well as a look ahead to 2009 for the Storm later tonight on storm.wnba.com, so stay tuned.
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Mensagem  OldGirl Qui Set 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Yahoo Sports: Lauren Jackson prepares for free agency

“There’s a lot of things to consider right now. I just need some time to breathe and really figure out what I want to do,” Jackson said Thursday.
“I’m going to approach the recruitment of Lauren Jackson how I would approach getting ready for a season,” Agler said. “We’re going to be aggressive, we’re going to be proactive and she is going to have a good feel of how much myself and (CEO) Karen (Bryant) and her teammates, but also how the fans and the organization want her in Seattle and need her in Seattle.”
“December, January, I’ll have a really good feel of how my body is responding to this latest surgery and how I feel about taking time off or not taking time off and what I want to do,” Jackson said.
“The very first minute we’re able to engage in material discussions with her, we’ll be right there,” Bryant said. “I think it’s really important for us to send as strong a message as we can. No organization is in a better position to demonstrate her value to the organization and our community than Seattle. I think that will pay huge dividends.”

Última edição por OldGirl em Sex Set 26, 2008 3:05 pm, editado 1 vez(es)
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  Henrique Sex Set 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Shocked
Henrique
Henrique

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 1429

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=1166109478&ref

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Sex Set 26, 2008 2:49 pm

Nem vou comentar.....

Pois só me falta a noticia de que a Lora vai cair fora pra deixar a minha week pior.....

Nada melhor do que ouvir a propria Lora falando....

Storm's Lauren Jackson comtemplating a return to the WNBA
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 4976

http://www.lauren.eu.to aqui.com

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Sex Set 26, 2008 2:55 pm

LooLkita escreveu:Nem vou comentar.....

Pois só me falta a noticia de que a Lora vai cair fora pra deixar a minha week pior.....

Nada melhor do que ouvir a propria Lora falando....

Storm's Lauren Jackson comtemplating a return to the WNBA

Esqueci de dizer que ela tá com uma face bem tristinha....

To com medo....
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  ConnSunFan Sex Set 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Hum...isso tudo não vai passar de boato.No fim ela vai renovar e ficar.Duvido demais que ela saia do Storm.Até pq,se ela sair,os Stormfans vão fazer o mundo desabar,ocasionando uma 3ª guerra mundial. Laughing Laughing
ConnSunFan
ConnSunFan

Masculino Número de Mensagens : 265

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Sáb Set 27, 2008 10:27 am

ConnSunFan escreveu:Hum...isso tudo não vai passar de boato.No fim ela vai renovar e ficar.Duvido demais que ela saia do Storm.Até pq,se ela sair,os Stormfans vão fazer o mundo desabar,ocasionando uma 3ª guerra mundial. Laughing Laughing

Só pra ficar claro, amo a Lora...amo mesmo....

Ela é a minha musa inspiradora já faz alguns anos.....

E por mais que ela saia do time, continuo torcendo pro Storm....

Descobri ela através do time, então não deixarei de gostar dela se ela resolver sair do Storm, e não deixarei de torcer pro Storm se ela sair.....

E caso ela resolva sair do Stomr(isola na madeira) imagino que é pra dar um tempo na carreira de basquete e ir cuidar da vida pessoal dela....já que ela tá fazendo a segunda faculdade dela(é, eu acho que é a segunda)....
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  LarissinhA Sáb Set 27, 2008 11:16 am

LooLkita escreveu:
ConnSunFan escreveu:Hum...isso tudo não vai passar de boato.No fim ela vai renovar e ficar.Duvido demais que ela saia do Storm.Até pq,se ela sair,os Stormfans vão fazer o mundo desabar,ocasionando uma 3ª guerra mundial. Laughing Laughing

Descobri ela através do time, então não deixarei de gostar dela se ela resolver sair do Storm, e não deixarei de torcer pro Storm se ela sair.....

E caso ela resolva sair do Stomr(isola na madeira) imagino que é pra dar um tempo na carreira de basquete e ir cuidar da vida pessoal dela....já que ela tá fazendo a segunda faculdade dela(é, eu acho que é a segunda)....

É verdade...axo q se a Lauren sair do Storm vai ser pra dar um tempo na W, não pra ir pra outro time (morro de desgosto)!
Não sabia q a Lauren era estudiosa assim! Ela é formada em q?
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Sáb Set 27, 2008 3:19 pm

LarissinhA escreveu:
LooLkita escreveu:

É verdade...axo q se a Lauren sair do Storm vai ser pra dar um tempo na W, não pra ir pra outro time (morro de desgosto)!
Não sabia q a Lauren era estudiosa assim! Ela é formada em q?

ela tá fazendo psicologia na Russia e fez administração(vou checar esse, pois não tenho certeza).....
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 13, 2008 6:59 am

Lauren puts price on gold: $150,000
LAUREN Jackson leaves Australia today on a wing and a promise to sacrifice at least $150,000 by standing down from the American WNBA in the next Olympic year in a bid to win gold at the London Games in 2012.
"People are kind of banding together right now. The Australian team to me means more than anything. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get back on track, and, look, we won a silver medal. It's not like we bombed out. But for me now I think something I really need to look at is not going back to the WNBA in Olympic years and, instead, focusing on our team, just being around and getting to know people, building relationships. I'll try and be more of a leader, more of a captain.

"Leading up to the Olympics, I'll go on European tours with the team, do all that stuff. I think that's my next step."
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Seg Out 13, 2008 9:00 am

OldGirl escreveu:Lauren puts price on gold: $150,000
LAUREN Jackson leaves Australia today on a wing and a promise to sacrifice at least $150,000 by standing down from the American WNBA in the next Olympic year in a bid to win gold at the London Games in 2012.
"People are kind of banding together right now. The Australian team to me means more than anything. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get back on track, and, look, we won a silver medal. It's not like we bombed out. But for me now I think something I really need to look at is not going back to the WNBA in Olympic years and, instead, focusing on our team, just being around and getting to know people, building relationships. I'll try and be more of a leader, more of a captain.

"Leading up to the Olympics, I'll go on European tours with the team, do all that stuff. I think that's my next step."

Eu ia colocar essa noticia now....

Chefa The Flash..... Wink

Foto linda....ela com a mamis dela.....Ta certo, ela ta fazendo a mamis dela de bobinha, mas ta linda a foto......Lora sorridente....

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? 06296210
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  LarissinhA Seg Out 13, 2008 9:07 am

Ótimo, já sabemos, 2012 no LJ! É claro q estou sendo irônica.... Pelo menos é bom q eu já vou me preparando psicologicamente!
E ano q vem? Li no site do Storm que eles garantiram q pelo menos ela ou a Griffith continuam no time...
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Seg Out 13, 2008 9:10 am

LarissinhA escreveu:

Ótimo, já sabemos, 2012 no LJ! É claro q estou sendo irônica.... Pelo menos é bom q eu já vou me preparando psicologicamente!
E ano q vem? Li no site do Storm que eles garantiram q pelo menos ela ou a Griffith continuam no time...

aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia

Não gosto disso.....

Essa incerteza se ela fica ou não....

Isso me deixa tensa.....
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  LarissinhA Seg Out 13, 2008 9:15 am

LooLkita escreveu:
LarissinhA escreveu:

aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia

Não gosto disso.....

Isso me deixa tensa.....

É amiga! Prepare seu coraçãozinho pq serão alguns meses de sofrimento até sabermos se ela vai voltar, mas tô acreditando, ainda mais q ela já não vai jogar 2012. Axo q isso mostra q ela já levantou a cabeça e está pensando nas próximas olimpíadas apesar de tão longe! Bola pra frente Loira!
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Seg Out 13, 2008 9:26 am

LarissinhA escreveu:
LooLkita escreveu:
LarissinhA escreveu:

aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia

Não gosto disso.....

Isso me deixa tensa.....

É amiga! Prepare seu coraçãozinho pq serão alguns meses de sofrimento até sabermos se ela vai voltar, mas tô acreditando, ainda mais q ela já não vai jogar 2012. Axo q isso mostra q ela já levantou a cabeça e está pensando nas próximas olimpíadas apesar de tão longe! Bola pra frente Loira!

É, pelo menos ela já tá mais animada.....

Só não gostei de saber q ela prefere jogar na WNBL por Sidney......... Mad Prefiro o Capitals.....

Fazer oq......esperar, né?
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Seg Out 13, 2008 9:35 am

É a mesma noticia.....

Só q a foto da mais linda......

Lauren puts price on Olympic gold

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? 05001610
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Qua Out 15, 2008 9:06 pm

Year out of US on cards in quest for gold

BASKETBALL superstar Lauren Jackson has confirmed she is seriously considering taking a season off from the WNBA in 2012 to help the Opals win Olympic gold in London.
The Opals captain was in Albury-Wodonga for a whirlwind visit at the weekend before heading to Russia last night for another season of Euroleague basketball with Spartak Moscow.

Speaking at the launch of the latest land release of Wodonga’s White Box Rise development, the two-time WNBA MVP said for her, winning an Olympic gold medal was the ultimate career achievement.

“After the last Olympics, the next one could potentially be my last opportunity,” she said.

“So I have to make a choice about where I want to be and how I want to do it.

“I haven’t fully committed to anything yet and that’s where I’m at. It’s something I have to look at and think about, what my priorities are going to be in four years’ time.

“I know I want to finish my career with a gold medal, it’s probably the only thing I haven’t achieved that I wanted to achieve, so it’s always going to be in the back of my mind, especially over the next four years.

“In the past playing WNBA has been very good for me, playing in the best league in the world, getting peak fitness but with that comes risk of injury and not being able to be with your teammates in the lead-up to the Olympics.”

Jackson admitted the Opals played at nowhere near their best in the gold medal game against the US, saying that perhaps complacency had contributed to their poor showing.

“I think we didn’t have the best tournament at the Olympics we could have, going into the gold medal game I think there was a bit of complacency,” she said.

“We thought we could win and I still think we can win a gold medal there’s no doubt about that.”

Jackson also said she was weighing up her playing options in the WNBA thanks to her unrestricted free agency but was fairly positive she would re-sign with the Seattle Storm.

“I can’t see myself doing anything differently, that is, playing for Seattle, but I’ve got a good couple of months to think about it and where I want to play,” she said.

“I feel like the pressure is off and I can take my time with what I want to do.

“But Seattle is my home over there and has been for eight years, so I can’t see a move happening.”
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Qua Out 15, 2008 9:09 pm

“I can’t see myself doing anything differently, that is, playing for Seattle, but I’ve got a good couple of months to think about it and where I want to play,” she said.

aiaiaiaiaiaiai

Essa indecisão ta me matando.....

A foto dessa reportagem ta linda....

Lauren Jackson continuará em Seattle? 38451810
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  OldGirl Qua Out 15, 2008 10:11 pm

LooLkita escreveu:

aiaiaiaiaiaiai

ah...
acho que ela volta sim. E deve saber que volta, mas está se fazendo um pouco. Pra criar uma expectativa.
Pelo menos com essa reportagem eu fiquei mais esperançosa.
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Qua Out 15, 2008 10:24 pm

OldGirl escreveu:
LooLkita escreveu:

aiaiaiaiaiaiai

ah...
acho que ela volta sim. E deve saber que volta, mas está se fazendo um pouco. Pra criar uma expectativa.

Tb acho q ela volta sim....algo me diz q ela volta.....

Mas prefiro manter os dois pés no chão, só pra não me decepcionar depois.....

Acho q esse sair do time q todos estão anciosos pra saber se ocorre ou não, é em relação à dar um tempo na WNBA, pq mudar de time acho q ela não muda não.....
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Mensagem  Mari Skywalker Qui Out 23, 2008 6:21 am

LooLkita escreveu:
OldGirl escreveu:
LooLkita escreveu:

aiaiaiaiaiaiai

ah...

Tb acho q ela volta sim....algo me diz q ela volta.....

Mas prefiro manter os dois pés no chão, só pra não me decepcionar depois.....

Acho q esse sair do time q todos estão anciosos pra saber se ocorre ou não, é em relação à dar um tempo na WNBA, pq mudar de time acho q ela não muda não.....

Se a LJ sair de Seattle, o que eu faço com a minha Jersey?
Mari Skywalker
Mari Skywalker

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 300

Mensagem  Mari Skywalker Qui Out 23, 2008 6:22 am

Melhor...o que eu faço com a minha vida?

MORRI.
Mari Skywalker
Mari Skywalker

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 300

Mensagem  Conteúdo patrocinado

Conteúdo patrocinado

Página 1 de 2 1, 2  Seguinte

Ir para o topo