WNBA Brasil
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

San Antonio Silver Stars Media Availability 2

Ir para baixo

San Antonio Silver Stars Media Availability 2 Empty San Antonio Silver Stars Media Availability 2

Mensagem  roberta Sex Out 03, 2008 2:01 pm

San Antonio Silver Stars Media Availability: Oct. 1
Opening Statement:
Dan Hughes: Well, I thought, you look at the game, I thought the second quarter gave them separation that we had to play to. I thought we started well. I honestly thought we ended well. But the second quarter put a separation factor and I thought they did a great job of creating penetration and finding open shots that we didn't put a lot of pressure on. I thought Katie Smith got it going well, but Franklin was especially troublesome to us in that situation. I love the fact my team made a good comeback. I think we learned some things in this basketball game. Obviously didn't learn enough. But I do think as the game transitioned, you know, we were more in a flow that I hoped we would create
Q: Y'all closed, tied at 69, with just a little bit left and kind of what happened that last minute and a half?
Ann Wauters: I think I can talk about it, because it was kind of my mistake. I switched out on Deanna Nolan, who came out for a three and I think Erin got stuck a little and Taj had a layup or a foul -- or was it Braxton? Braxton, I think. So those are mistakes that can be fixed -- it's pretty hard, especially in that last minute where we put all of that effort to come back in the game, which was good, you know, like as a team, even when we are down 10, 13, we still came back. That's good for us to know that even in those situations, we don't back down and we just fight. But then it was, of course, disappointing for us that we could not close it and especially in that first game at home that we couldn't get away with a win.
Q: Talk about the second quarter and the hole you guys ended up digging for yourselves. How hard it was to fight back?
Becky Hammon: I thought we let them get too comfortable offensively [in the second quarter]. Defensively, we just weren’t ourselves in that first half. It’s disappointing to come out and lack energy in a game like that. I thought we lacked some energy, and there’s just no excuse for that. You can’t do that against quality teams. Every mistake we made, they capitalized on. That’s what good teams do. We have to learn from our mistakes and make fewer of them in this next game.
Q: The Silver Stars managed to get a big lead down to a tie game, what was the difference late in the game?
Erin Buescher: To be down like we were in the game tonight and then come back and not take of business is frustrating. But, the good thing is that we have four games ahead of us and we need to take care of business in the series. We are a team that is able to play well, even if one thing is taken away. We can still get the job done. We gave ourselves an opportunity to be in the game at the end. We are a self-correcting team and we will have to make adjustments before Friday. Everyone hates to lose; none of us are discouraged to the point that we won’t be able to correct what we did wrong. The Shock definitely capitalized on every mistake we made tonight and it hurt.
Q: How come the second chance points hurt you so bad?
Ruth Riley: They are a great rebounding team. It’s has been our Achilles’ heel for us this season. It’s something we’re going to look at and try and correct.
Q: Can you just talk about the defense, the looks they gave you early to get you in that hole and how you can adjust going forward?
Sophia Young: Detroit is a good defensive team and they kind of crowd inside a lot early and we were not able to get as many post touches as we usually do. That's something we've got to work on and find ways where we can move the ball around and get screens on the outside for guards to knock some shots down.
roberta
roberta

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 2143

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo