WNBA Brasil
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Shanna Crossley

Ir para baixo

Shanna Crossley Empty Shanna Crossley

Mensagem  roberta Qua Set 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Mais um exemplo de excelente jogadora, firme na fé e mais linda do que tudo nesse mundo. Acho que seu eu ver a Becky, Ruth e Shanna na minha frente eu tenho uma ataque.
roberta
roberta

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 2143

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Shanna Crossley Empty My Faith

Mensagem  roberta Qua Set 10, 2008 10:52 pm

I accepted Christ at the young age of 7; however looking back on it, I believe I acted out of fear. I remember attending an evening service at my home church back in Syracuse, Indiana and descriptions of hell were being discussed. I remember going home that night deathly afraid. I asked my parents to help me because I was sure that I did not want to go to a place like that. I wanted to go to heaven and live eternally there. So, my parents came into my room and helped lead me in accepting Jesus Christ into my heart to be my Lord and Savior. I did all that I could as a young child to live for Jesus, whether it was obeying my parents, taking out the trash, or coloring in the little pictures of David and Goliath in Sunday school.

It wasn’t until my sophomore year in high school that I rededicated my life to Christ. My brother Josh had just gotten back from a trip to Colorado with his church group. I was able to see for myself that he had the fire of the Lord burning inside of him and at that moment I realized that I wasn’t doing everything within my power to live for God but I wanted the same fire that Josh had. So, at that moment, I gave my entire life over to Christ, wanting to be willing to do whatever He asked me to do.

Moving on into college, I was blessed to be able to live out a dream to play at the University of Tennessee under legendary coach Pat Summitt. It was in these four years where God completely molded and transformed me into the growing woman of God that I am today. I’m a very stubborn person so it took God completely taking something that I love, like the game of basketball away from me for a moment so that He could get my attention to teach me what I needed to learn.

Each year I went through stages where I struggled so much that I thought God had to be trying to teach me something. He taught me how to make my own faith just that…my own. He taught me that He is a jealous God and He not only wants me, but He wants all of me. He wants to be the first place I went, the place where I gain all of my strength from.

Most importantly, He taught me about priorities. It doesn’t matter how good I get at the talent He originally gave me, nor what awards I receive, nor how this world views me; He should be first in my life and always remain there. I am not a basketball player who happens to be a follower of Christ. I am a follower of Christ who happens to be a basketball player.

It’s with that mindset that I not only live my life, but it’s also how I play basketball. I don’t play for the money, media, or fame; I play because it’s a tool and platform that God has blessed me with so that I can use it to further His eternal kingdom.

Fonte: http://www.szcross.com/myfaith.asp
roberta
roberta

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 2143

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo

Permissões neste sub-fórum
Não podes responder a tópicos