WNBA Brasil
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP Empty Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 06, 2008 2:04 pm

Smith’s Sheer Dominance Earns Her MVP Honors

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP Ksmsi5

“I congratulate Katie Smith,” said Laimbeer. “I don't give her all the credit that she deserves throughout the course of the year, and she really showed it.

“Katie decided that I’m going to make my mark on this series and she did.”
"There’s no more deserving MVP; that was a no brainer,” said Taj McWilliams-Franklin. “If I look at all three games and had to choose a MVP, I would say Katie Smith, Katie Smith, Katie Smith. There was no contest.”
“She’s beasty,” said assistant coach Rick Mahorn. “Katie Smith said get on her shoulders and ride it and that’s what we did. We know what our bread and butter is.”

“She’s a monster, she’s our horse,” said Plenette Pierson. “We ride her and Deanna all night. When shots are falling for her, it's great for the rest of us and she just played big tonight.”

“Katie Smith is a competitor,” said McWilliams-Franklin. “If she’s in water polo she’s going to want to win. It’s just in her being to want to do the best she possibly can for as long as she possibly can no matter what it is she’s doing. That’s just her bottom line.”
Smith was also quick to point out the contributions that her teammates made during their championship run through the postseason.

“Winning the MVP trophy, it is awesome, but I’ll tell you what, Tweety was the MVP probably of the last round,” said Smith. “You’ve got people that have been doing work and even people that don’t put points on the board. With Plenette every minute she gave us was huge. This MVP is for our squad. And for Laura Ramus, our trainer, for keeping us out there.”

Última edição por OldGirl em Seg Out 06, 2008 2:21 pm, editado 1 vez(es)
OldGirl
OldGirl

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 2257

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP Empty Re: Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 06, 2008 2:10 pm

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP A006301e117bca248016c37a7bc098bc-getty-83052936ae065_shock_starsKatie Smith WNBA Finals MVP Capt.5e4a879702c74751b2fdec18381b2d0e.silver_stars_shock_basketball_mico118
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 06, 2008 2:11 pm

Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP 376a7d35da694306b1f2179ab15af9f5-getty-83052936bc205_wnba_g3finals
Katie Smith WNBA Finals MVP Smith_mvp_300_081005
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 06, 2008 2:18 pm

Qdo eu achei que não iria mais ver grandes atuações dela, ela humilha nessas Finais.
Prêmio merecido.
Fiquei feliz por ela. Sou fã!

Há a possibilidade de ela se aposentar. Se isso acontecer, fecha sua carreira com classe: Ouro Olímpico, Título da WNBA, MVP Finais. Absurdo.
The Shock was not the only good basketball team Smith was a part of this year. Along with becoming a two-time WNBA champion in 2008, she also became a three-time Olympic gold medalist after winning gold with USA Basketball in Beijing.

“They’re different but you know what they’re both very, very special,” she said. “I’m glad I got them this year and I can sit back and relax
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  OldGirl Seg Out 06, 2008 2:28 pm

Achei legal tbm, qdo ela recebeu o título de MVP da Finais, a mulher da ESPN (eu acho) perguntou como ela consegue ser essa jogadora tão versátil, atacando, pegando rebotes, dando assitências, defendendo... aí ela diz que quem a ensinou a defender foi Brian Agler (que foi técnico do Lynx... nos primeiros anos dela na W)
OldGirl
OldGirl

Mensagem  bp3 Qui Out 09, 2008 8:27 pm

smithona nelas... essa eh a minha tiazona! Laughing
bp3
bp3

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 636