WNBA Brasil
Gostaria de reagir a esta mensagem? Crie uma conta em poucos cliques ou inicie sessão para continuar.

Burse assina com Storm

2 participantes

Ir para baixo

Burse assina com Storm Empty Burse assina com Storm

Mensagem  LarissinhA Seg Fev 09, 2009 10:14 pm

SEATTLE - Seattle Storm head coach and director of player personnel Brian Agler announced today the re-signing of 6-5 center Janell Burse. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.
“We are very excited to have Janell return to Seattle this season, as she is one of the more experienced true centers in the WNBA,” Agler said. “I had the pleasure of drafting Janell while coaching in Minnesota and I like the strength she brings to our front court. Janell has always matched up well with our conference opponents and I’m looking forward to working with her again.”

Burse started 29 games for the Storm during the 2007 season, averaging 8.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. She scored a season-high 21 points against Detroit on June 20, and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds on May 23 versus Phoenix. Her 16 rebounds in one half and 11 rebounds pulled down in one quarter against the Mercury are WNBA records. Burse owns career averages of 6.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game over seven seasons split between Minnesota and Seattle. After re-signing with the Storm in April of 2008, Burse opted to sit out during the 2008 WNBA season.

RELATED CONTENT
Burse Player Page
Storm Welcomes Back Burse
Burse Audio
Get Storm Headlines!

“I'm very excited about returning to Seattle this summer,” said Burse. “I've truly missed playing in the WNBA and competing against some of the greatest players. I look forward to working with Brian again and joining a team that is a strong contender for another WNBA championship.”

The former Tulane player was drafted by the Minnesota Lynx in the second round (28th overall selection) of the 2001 WNBA Draft. In April of 2004, the Storm acquired Burse along with Sheri Sam from the Lynx in exchange for forward Amanda Lassiter and the Storm’s first-round pick (sixth overall selection) in the 2004 WNBA Draft.

The Seattle Storm will open its 2009 WNBA schedule on Saturday, June 6 in a 1 p.m. matchup versus the Monarchs at ARCO Arena in Sacramento. The Storm returns to Seattle on Sunday, June 7 for its first KeyArena home game at 6 p.m., also against the Monarchs. The team’s June 7, 2009 home opener falls on the 10th anniversary of the city of Seattle being selected as one of four cities to receive a WNBA expansion team in 2000.

7 de junho será um dia duplamente especial!!!!! cheers
LarissinhA
LarissinhA

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 1486

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Burse assina com Storm Empty Re: Burse assina com Storm

Mensagem  i.love.LJ.e.ervilha Ter Fev 10, 2009 5:15 am

LarissinhA escreveu:SEATTLE - Seattle Storm head coach and director of player personnel Brian Agler announced today the re-signing of 6-5 center Janell Burse. Per team policy, terms of the deals were not disclosed.
“We are very excited to have Janell return to Seattle this season, as she is one of the more experienced true centers in the WNBA,” Agler said. “I had the pleasure of drafting Janell while coaching in Minnesota and I like the strength she brings to our front court. Janell has always matched up well with our conference opponents and I’m looking forward to working with her again.”

Burse started 29 games for the Storm during the 2007 season, averaging 8.8 points and 5.3 rebounds per game. She scored a season-high 21 points against Detroit on June 20, and grabbed a career-high 19 rebounds on May 23 versus Phoenix. Her 16 rebounds in one half and 11 rebounds pulled down in one quarter against the Mercury are WNBA records. Burse owns career averages of 6.9 points and 4.2 rebounds per game over seven seasons split between Minnesota and Seattle. After re-signing with the Storm in April of 2008, Burse opted to sit out during the 2008 WNBA season.

RELATED CONTENT
Burse Player Page
Storm Welcomes Back Burse
Burse Audio
Get Storm Headlines!

“I'm very excited about returning to Seattle this summer,” said Burse. “I've truly missed playing in the WNBA and competing against some of the greatest players. I look forward to working with Brian again and joining a team that is a strong contender for another WNBA championship.”

The former Tulane player was drafted by the Minnesota Lynx in the second round (28th overall selection) of the 2001 WNBA Draft. In April of 2004, the Storm acquired Burse along with Sheri Sam from the Lynx in exchange for forward Amanda Lassiter and the Storm’s first-round pick (sixth overall selection) in the 2004 WNBA Draft.

The Seattle Storm will open its 2009 WNBA schedule on Saturday, June 6 in a 1 p.m. matchup versus the Monarchs at ARCO Arena in Sacramento. The Storm returns to Seattle on Sunday, June 7 for its first KeyArena home game at 6 p.m., also against the Monarchs. The team’s June 7, 2009 home opener falls on the 10th anniversary of the city of Seattle being selected as one of four cities to receive a WNBA expansion team in 2000.

7 de junho será um dia duplamente especial!!!!! cheers

Realmente, será duplametne especial
'-'
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha
i.love.LJ.e.ervilha

Feminino Número de Mensagens : 4976

http://www.lauren.eu.to aqui.com

Ir para o topo Ir para baixo

Ir para o topo